Trying the flip but stuck between pre-made, one-size-fits-all lessons and hours of work for a tailored, amateur piece?
From the organization that brings “ideas worth sharing” comes an easily adaptable flipping platform. The new TED ED provides today’s educators with a collection of dynamic video lessons already built into flipped lessons. However, the more beautiful feature of this website is that it allows you to flip any YouTube video.
TED’s Flip Trajectory:
- FLIP a ready made lesson or any video from YouTube
- Students WATCH the lesson
- Then they THINK through a quiz of either objective or free response questions that you create
- The DIGGING DEEPER section can introduce a project, writing response, or other assignment
- A newly added DISCUSSION option allows students to post ideas
Advantages to this style of Flip:
- Engages students at home
- A slick, ready made platform
- Find other teachers’ flips
- Quantifies all quiz data and student responses
One of my recent flips:
Flip it, and see what you can learn.
Got a video you’d like to flip or see flipped? Found an archive of ed-friendly videos? Did you try the flip yourself? Paste your links in a comment below and help your fellow man (or woman).